1. Don't be afraid to make new friends and loose old ones: Your high school is most likely going to be combination of many different middle school, so their will be new people to get to know. Based on the types of classes that you take, you will have certain people in your classes and may loose touch with others. You'll also join clubs and meet people with the same interests and values as you. But you will also loose friends, because people will change or you just will never see them and you'll loose touch. You have to accept this loss and move on with all of your great new friends.
2. Focus on your grades, they matter for college: Don't slack off freshman year, because you think colleges won't care about it. Trust me colleges care about every detail of every year. In my opinion you should absolutely try to do the best possible, because then later on when your looking at colleges you have as many options available as possible.
3. Get involved, try lots of different activities: Join lots of clubs, freshman year is your year to try them all out and then narrow down the things that you really love. Find where you feel that you fit in within your school, and find the people that you feel comfortable with. Always check your school's website for a full list of all the clubs and activities because their may be one that you have never heard of that totally catches your eye.
4. Don't be too nervous about getting lost: I promise you about this one the more you freak out about getting lost the more likely you are to actually get lost. I promise you once you get there it will be easier, but if your having difficulty jus ask a teacher and they'll be glad to help point you in the right direction. No one will ever mock you for it, because everyone is feeling nervous and anxious on the first day or two.
5. Upperclassman will not bully or be mean to you, so feel free to talk to them: I know there are preconceived notions that upperclassman will be mean to you, but that is just not the case. So if your in a club and you see a really cool senior, don't be afraid to talk to them and get to know them. They probably have a lot of cool insight and tips they can share and I promise they won't be annoyed with you and f you act mature enough they may not even notice your only a freshman. Making friends with them can also be good if you ever need a ride, because most of them can drive.
7. Start thinking about the future, but don't stress about it: Start thinking about what classes you love and what clubs interest you and use it to guide your future plans. Maybe you love your marketing class and the DECA club than you may want to consider exploring a career in marketing. The most important thing is that if you are still totally confused about what you want to do, don't stress because you have plenty more classes to explore and plenty of time before you ever have to decide.
8. Stay organized all year long, and find your system: Whether you want to use notebooks or binders find the way that you want to organize and stick with it. Don't just start shoving all your papers in the pockets, because when finals come around you will really regret it. I suggest organizing by each unit that you do in class using dividers. Take time to really stay organized and I promise you will be thanking me later.
9. Be yourself, and don't conform to everyone else: Don't change your morals or your values just because a friend does. Be true to what you believe and what you want to do with your life. Don't feel bad if you want to do something different, because in the future you will be happy that you followed your heart and did what you wanted. This also applies to fashion, please don't ever loose your personal sense of style to follow everyone else's trends.
10. Do all the school sponsored activities: Go to anything and everything, such as homecoming and sporting events. These are the really fun things that will create ever lasting memories for you in your life. Plus these things will help you make some really great friends.
The most important thing is just to be confident in yourself and know that you will have a great year. If you have any questions or just want me to help calm your fears check out my links bellow and talk to me!
P.S. This post was supposed to go up tomorrow as the tips and trick Thursday post, but I wasn't quite done with what was supposed to be today's fashion post, so I just decided to swap the two days, so look out for a fashion post tomorrow!
Thanks for Reading,