We all have that one test that we get the grade back and are just so disappointed with ourselves. I hope this post will be helpful in providing you all with some tips to cope with the first bad grade of the year and work towards success for the rest of the year.
1. Move On: The first most important part of coping with a bad grade is just to accept that there are many other grades and in the grand scheme of things this one test/quiz will not have that much influence on your grade as a whole.
2. Talk to your teacher: Make sure your teacher knows that this grade is not like you and that you are willing to do what ever it takes to do better. Making this promise to your teacher will encourage you to work harder.
3. Seek new ways to learn and review: You do not want to get in a slump of doing the same thing over and over and not being successful, so if you fail one assignment make sure you prepare for the next one in a different way. Maybe you just need to review more, but most likely you need to change how you review. Try flashcards, reading aloud, or reworking worksheets.
4. Don't be comparative: Don't compare how you did to your friends or other people in your class. This is a good rule all around, but if you don't do well don't torture yourself by hearing how well other people did or don't try to make yourself feel better by seeing who did worse. Focus on yourself and how you can do better.
5. Set goals for yourself for the future: Set a goal for how well you want to do on your next assignment or two. If you want to make an A than set that as your goal and create a plan for how you will achieve it, having a simple task that you can work specifically on will help you focus.
Most importantly always just remember to work hard and do what works and will be most effective for you! One bad grade is never the end of the world, we all get them at some point or another.
I hope you all make the grades you want this year!
Thanks for Reading,