The night before:
1) Pack your stuff, prepare your lunch: This way you have less things to be stressed about the morning of school.
2) Plan your outfit: This way you know exactly what you want to wear and don't have to worry about figuring it out early in the morning at the time you are not used to being awake.
3) Remind yourself reasons why the day will be great: Encourage yourself and assure yourself that everything will be ok at school. Maybe flip through some inspirational quotes on Pinterest or make a list of your goals.
4) Don't stress: Stay calm and stay focused! Don't worry about every little thing; just be confident and know that everything may not be perfect but it turns out the way it is supposed to.
5) Plan to meet up with friends: This will calm you before school starts, because you will be with people you are comfortable with and they will make your day start on a positive note.
6) Walk around with confidence: Put a smile on your face and strut around like you are not worried at all and suddenly you will not feel the stressful emotion again.
7) Ask a teacher for help if you need it: If you're lost or confused in your school ask a teacher or administrator and they will help you. Knowing that you have help available will make you feel much better, it's almost like a safety blanket.
8) Be open to new people and new things: Make new friends and hang out in a different place, this will make you feel better because you will be making new experiences and this will ultimately reduce your stress.
9) Smile and be friendly people will do it back: This is so important you want to shoe people that you care and beaming positivity will cause others to do the same and everyone will be happy.
I hope you all have a great first day of school!
Thanks for Reading,