It is that point in the summer where you begin to run out of things to do. You're tired of going to the pool and dinner with your friends. Your Pinterest and Netflix have been overused. It's time for something new. I thought I would give you all a few ideas that can help turn an average summer day into a fun and exciting adventure.
1. Read a Book: Head to your local library or Barnes and Noble and browse the shelves until you find something you want to read. Then head home or to the park and get lost in your book.
2. Craft: Consult that DIY board on Pinterest and pick something to make! It can be something useful or something totally random, just get your creative juices flowing.
3. Get Some Fresh Air: Head to the local park, run around on the playground or go for a hike. And hey maybe you'll get some exercise too!
4. See a Movie: Go see that new movie, and don't forget to buy a popcorn and candy to go along with it. Treat yourself every once in a while.
5. Breakfast with Friends: My friends and I always go out for dinner or lunch, but switch it up and head out to breakfast! Wake up early and start the morning with lots of laughs and fun.
6. Bake a Cake: Sometimes you just got to test your baking skills and make a super fun sweet treat. Just try not to eat it all in one day.
7. Go on a Day Trip: Is there a nearby city that you have been dying to visit? Research the best spots and head there for the day. Maybe it is a visit to the zoo or a super yummy ice cream shop, embrace the areas nearby.
8. Babysit: Need to make a little extra money? Offer to babysit for some of the families in your neighborhood. It helps keep you active and you'll make some good money you can use for other adventures.
9. Scrapbook/ Photo Albums: After a trip, consider making a scrapbook or photo album as a way to remember the vacation. It's a fun way to get creative, but to also preserve memories.
10. Offer to do Chores or Errands for Mom: Spend a day pretending to play mom! Wash everyone's sheets, head to the grocery store, and pick up your younger sister from her friends; I promise your mom will appreciate it!
11. Visit that Local Spot You've Been Meaning to Go: We all have that one spot in our town that we have been meaning to go, but have just not made it to yet. Now is the perfect time to finally get there.
12. Visit Family: I used to do this every summer, but since starting to work I have not been able to. Go and stay with your grandparents for a few days or go see your cousins. It's so fun to spend time with family, and it means so much to them.
Most importantly realize that you don't need to leave your community to have a great summer. There are tons of fun things to do around you no matter where you live; you just need to search and find them. Also, remember that everything is more fun with a friend, so grab your best friend pick one of these activities and just go do it!